The ETH Zurich is offering ETH excellence scholarship programme to support excellent students (national and international) wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH. Two types of scholarship programmes are available: first is Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) and second one is master scholarship Programme (MSP).
ETH Zurich supports excellent students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH with two scholarship programmes.
ETH Zurich is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation.
- The Master Scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 6,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department can additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 1,500 – 3,000 per semester or offer an assistantship from the second semester onwards (with a payment of CHF 600 per month).
- The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation. The Master Scholarship Programme requires a financial contribution from the scholarship holder.
- The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students both from the ETH and from other universities (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
- The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’s. Students must belong to the best 10 percent of their Bachelor’s programme.
HOW TO APPLY /
The application consists of
- an application form
- a letter of motivation
- a pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis
- letters of recommendation from two professors
All information provided in the application must be complete and correct. The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by the applicant him/herself and use established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or – if discovered later – to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
If you are applying for more than one Master’s programme, please submit a separate application form for each degree programme.
You can only apply for an Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme or a Master Scholarship Programme if you, at the same time, apply for a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich (or if you, as an ETH Bachelor student, continue with a consecutive Master’s degree programme). If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich, you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship anymore.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE / The application deadline is December 15, 2016.
FURTHER OFFICIAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION AND APPLICATION / Learn more...